Like Yaya on FacebookFollow Yaya on TwitterYaya Han's Store
I made a new costume in time for Anime Expo, but didn't have time to take photos in it! So here is a preview until I can do a photoshoot!
Super Sonico Blue Nurse - cosplayed by Yaya HanI'm pretty happy with how this costume turned out! It was a 2.5 day sewing project and just something fun and silly that I wanted to make.
- I try not to collect too many things since my costumes/supplies take up so much room in my house, but I do have a rather large sexy girl figure collection. I can't help it, I'm addicted! I started collecting Super Sonico figures about 2 years ago, and this blue nurse figure was the first one I got, in Akiba in Tokyo! After my 5th Sonico figure, the bug to cosplay her finally bit!
- In 15 years of cosplaying & nearly 300 charas later, I have yet to cosplay someone with light pink hair! Felicia from Darkstalkers & Sheryl Nome are the closest I ever got, and I once borrowed my friend Hanime's Fluttershy costume for a couple of hours. That's it! Never had a light pink haired cosplay of my own! It was beyond time...
- I chose the blue nurse costume because the colors are so pretty! That turquoise blue looks so fab with the pink hair!
- I bought a fabric with a texture because it was the perfect color, and I thought some texture would make the costume look more like a uniform! The dress was heavily altered from the pattern I made for my Jasmin Synn jacket! I love it when I can reuse patterns.
The dress is boned and fully lined! For any tailored uniform looks, I always try to install boning to help the fit, and lining is super important. Can't stress that enough!
The white trim is all hand made, with an upholstery vinyl. I also used the same material to make the belt from scratch! I had the most fun making the nurse hat!
- My wig is sponsored by Purple Plum! http://www.purple-plum.com/
I cut and styled it!
- The contacts are from Pinky Paradise! http://www.pinkyparadise.com
- The awesome headphones were simply ordered from eBay! They are actual headphones and even light up! Seriously easiest part of the costume to procure lol!
- Sonico-appropriate boobies courtesy of Victoria's Secret Bombshell bra! Same bra I use for Power Girl lol. I don't break it out often but for Sonico it was essential!
Definitely hope to take proper photos with this costume, soon! It's super comfy, albeit not being able to hear very well with the headphones on, lol!