Like Yaya on Facebook
Follow Yaya on Twitter
Yaya Han's StoreA fantastic portrait shot of Fiora thanks to Brian.
I recently had the pleasure of visiting the beautiful country of Romania, as a Guest of East European Comic Con, and during my stay there, our hosts Shjinu and Gabi took us on a castle visit for an epic cosplay photoshoot!
The weather was perfect, the setting was divine, and I'm just so grateful for the chance to dress up as my favorite LoL Champion on a real Medieval castle ground.
Costume: Fiora - Nightraven skin - League of LegendsMade/modeled by Yaya HanPhotographed by Brian Boling www.flickr.com/brianbolingCouple of facts about this costume:
This is my full armor set & sword for Fiora - League of Legends. Made out of Worbla (sword made out of wood, hilt made of Worbla). This took over 4 weeks of learning a new technique and using a new material -it was a good and agonizing experience lol
- I made it myself, which was a bitch. But I loved the process too! The material for the armor is Worbla, a Thermoplastic from Europe. The paint used is acrylics brush on over a spray painted base color.Worbla is available for purchase in the Americas here!
- In the Nightraven skin, Fiora actually does not have the red streak in her hair. Yes, I am wearing red contacts.
- No, I'm not tall enough to be an accurate Fiora. But I chose this costume for the grace and dignity of the character mixed with the dark cool armor design. My motto is that anyone can cosplay whoever they want. This is a hobbyist community
- I thought about distressing this armor but Fiora is actually very prim and proper as a Duelist! She would not allow her armor to be dirty and dinged up
- Although I have worn this costume already, it's still not entirely finished. There are some things I want to add to the bodysuit underneath.
I learned how to use Worbla through Kamui Cosplay. Her video tutorials are here: www.youtube.com/user/Mogrymill…
And here: www.kamuicosplay.com/tutorials